Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing disputes for Underwriting

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Removing disputes for Underwriting

What is the best way to remove dispute comments on my credit report? I have been working with a credit repair agency and they have continually disputed multiple accounts. I've found out through my mortgage broker that this is doing me more harm that good. I've asked them to stop disputing on my behalf and would like to start closing the disputes for a spring closing date. Thanks!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Removing disputes for Underwriting

I am also having the same exact problem.  When you find out the best way to get them off can you please let me know.

Message 2 of 11
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

Call the CRA and tell them to remove the disputes

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 3 of 11
edcampbell613
Contributor

What happens when you dispute an account is it will remove the scoring factor of that tradeline.

You can have a true 550 FICO with a repo, if its disputed, its like its gone.

All banks require all credit to be in a reporting status, no disputes.

Some mortgage lenders can do this with the credit report company they use, you get on the phone and do a 3 way call.

Once completed the lender will have to repull your "true" credit scores.

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experian 475 Anton Blvd. Costa Mesa, CA 92626 714-830-7000 is answered by a live human being, tell them you need the Executive Customer Service Team to end the dispute(s), hours are 8AM-5PM Pacific Time

Equifax

1550 Peachtree St, NW

Atlanta, GA 30309

404-885-8300 is answered by a live human being, tell them you need to speak with someone in the Executive Consumer Service department.

Trans Union

555 W Adams St

Chicago, IL 60661

312-985-2000 it has a machine greeting but just stay on the line and you are transferred to a live person, tell them you need to speak with someone in the Special Handling Department, you'll have to wait a little bit as they need to connect to customer service then get it elevated to the Special Handling Department (it is hit or miss, Transunion often proves to be the most challenging)

If you cannot get the Special Handling Department, then when contacting the normal customer service reps you should say: I need to dispute the compliance condition remarks code of "AID" (Account In Dispute) because I am no longer disputing the account.

The customer service rep should be able to immediately end the dispute, as in during the phone call. There are some situations that disputes cannot be ended by the consumer, and must be ended by the creditor, such as if there are multiple disputes on the same trade line. Remember to always be patient with the customer service reps, as they are trying to help you but may have limited communication skills depending on where the customer service call center is based. If there are confusing terms being used, don't be afraid to admit you do not understand what they are saying and ask for them to re-explain or to transfer you to someone in the U.S

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

OH! I will feel remiss if I don't tell you, once you have the comments removed your score will DROP! even if the accounts are not in "active" dispute and they just have the comments, either way your score go way down if you have more than one account with comments because those account are not being considered in the calulation of your current score. Good luck.

Message 6 of 11
edcampbell613
Contributor

Not always true, I have seen scores go up, depends on what is reported

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

if you are disputing negative items which are not being counted in your current score and you have the dispute comments removed which means they will now be scored (negative items) your score will drop!

I had a good account reporting but it was my sisters and I didnt want the lender to count it in my DTI so I disputed it but it came back verifed and when I had the comments removed my score increased 22 points - however when I had the comments removed from old paid collections my score dropped 48 points each.. GOOD LUCK , lets hope yours go up Smiley Happy

@edcampbell613 wrote:

Not always true, I have seen scores go up, depends on what is reported

Message 8 of 11
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

shanethemortgageman wrote a good synopsis on removing disputes.

i posted it on my website, but i cannot post my site here. but i am google friendly. google me + dispute comments

Retired Lender
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! I will be calling on my way home from work today!

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.