Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rental Verification

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rental Verification

I just wanted to know if anyone knows at what point in the mortgage process do they verify rent? My application has passed through automated, been looked at by my LO and his supervisor and is now waiting for the contract so we can go to underwriting. I have provided all of the documentation they have asked for as they have already asked me for LOE and income info, etc. Is it safe to say that they have already verified rent? My LO said they will do it verbally but he didn't specify when.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: Rental Verification

Rent isn't always verified, I'm sure they meant written verification as no landlord or property management company would provide that information over the phone to a 3rd party. Often it's done early in the process unless you tell them specifically to wait because you don't want to tip off your landlord, etc.
Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.