Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rental documentation...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rental documentation...

Hi all!

I will be sitting down with a mortgage broker next week to go over my paperwork, etc.  I was browsing the forums for any last minute hints and hiccups that I should be concerned about, and I notice much having to deal with rental history...

I am renting a single family home from the owner, and while we had a one year lease, it expired in March...and by mutual agreement we have just been going month to month since then.  Is this going to cause a problem?

Also, while it is my name on the lease and I have been writing the check to the landlord, there are two housemates who are "subleasing" for lack of a better term, and writing their monthly checks to me.  There aren't any documented subleases, since they are just friends of mine. 

What do I need to do with situation to have all my ducks in a row for next week?

Thanks!!

-Kerstin

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: Rental documentation...

Shouldn't be an issue, just be prepared with 12 months of cancelled checks and the landlords contact info and as long as all payments were made on time you should have no issues.  Most lenders don't even require rent history verification either, so might not even come up.
Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 2 of 3
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: Rental documentation...

rent isnt always verified.

if so, the loan officer will help you

Retired Lender
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.