Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repair Service? I AM a repair service! LOL

tag
brownee
Frequent Contributor

Repair Service? I AM a repair service! LOL

Ok, so as some of you know, we're trying to restore our good names to the credit world so that we can apply for a mortgage in March or so of next year. Well, I've been trying to get information from lenders about what their requirements are as far as credit score, etc. So I've dealt with BoA and Chase, and today decided to call Countrywide. I'm on the phone with the loan consultant and I am telling him what we're trying to do, etc and he asks what our mid scores are. I tell him and he says that ok, we can work with that. Then he tells me that he has this great company that we should try to work with because they have a money back guarantee and can raise our scores 40 points in 6 months or 100 points in a year. Umm..it's a credit repair place. I said 'A credit repair service? I don't need no stinkin service for what I can do myself'  LOL...I was taken aback at my own comment and he just kinda got really quiet and said 'ok'..hee hee...i've been hanging around this place too long. I'm getting all brave thinking I can do it all! Needless to say, the conversation went down from there...Smiley Wink
7/7/09 TU: 630 EQ: 638 EX: ??
4/3/09 TU: 599 EQ: 606 EX: ??
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
granny031350
Established Contributor

Re: Repair Service? I AM a repair service! LOL

what did B of A tell you about getting a mortgage with them?  I also am thinking of using them in the Spring, either going MSHDA (Michigan) or FHA
Message 2 of 8
brownee
Frequent Contributor

Well, they told me that they wouldnt look at anything below 620 and said there was no 100% financing. I told them that we were going VA, so she transferred me to the VA folks at the bank and they told me a 580 was acceptable for VA. Since we weren't ready to buy, I pretty much ended the conversation there. HTH
Message 3 of 8
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Nobody can do what countrywide can..... Smiley Wink
Retired Lender
Message 4 of 8
brownee
Frequent Contributor

Are you trying to tell me something? Smiley Wink
Message 5 of 8
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

brownee wrote:
Are you trying to tell me something? Smiley Wink

i am not a fan of cw

Retired Lender
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with this statement even though I am in the middle of a deal with them.  Unfortunately they were one of the few places locally that is eligible for CALSTRS and CALHFA loan program.  My LO seems to be OK, but it is a shady company.

Message Edited by mickie08 on 08-15-2008 12:20 PM
Message 7 of 8
brownee
Frequent Contributor

Really? I never knew that. Of course, I never had a reason to know or find out anything about them. 
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.