Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repairing my Credit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Repairing my Credit

Good morning everyone. I am looking for some guidance about repairing my credit report. I have not been great in the past about my credit. When I was 19- 25 I was terrible. Things like (2) $300 credit cards are charged off, medical bills currently paying through collection agencies, been taken to court but paid the collection items. I got approved for a car loan for $15000, but it seems like that is not good enough.  My fiance and I are looking at purchasing a house together within the next year but I know I have to get my score improved. I am looking at how to do it correctly. I also have a website, My Credit Atty, helping me file to the credit reporting agencies since November 2010. I currently have a credit score of 546. That is embarassing to say. My fiance has a credit score of 789. I know this will impact her in life if I dont straighten this up. She is aware of my situation as well. Right now I have an extra $100 per month to spend on debt or collections. I have about $2000 worth of debt out there from collections and/or charged off accounts. What can I do to help rectify my credit score to get it better before we buy a house? I am in desperate need of guidance. I have little amounts too. But will it do any good to pay those if it already has been charged off? Some are from 5 years or so ago. Some get resold to another collection agency and then they get re-reported on my credit report so it starts a new 7 year period. Please help me as I am really trying to do better to help myself in the future and get what I need to get a  better credit rating. Thank you all.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
mauve
Valued Contributor

Re: Repairing my Credit

You're going to want to post in the Rebuilding forum - and get more specific.  Figure out the statute of limitations for your state, rank your debts by seriousness / recentness, etc.  Help can be had, but this is way too vague to address.

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 3
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Repairing my Credit

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.