DustCarl

Repairing my Credit

Good morning everyone. I am looking for some guidance about repairing my credit report. I have not been great in the past about my credit. When I was 19- 25 I was terrible. Things like (2) $300 credit cards are charged off, medical bills currently paying through collection agencies, been taken to court but paid the collection items. I got approved for a car loan for $15000, but it seems like that is not good enough.  My fiance and I are looking at purchasing a house together within the next year but I know I have to get my score improved. I am looking at how to do it correctly. I also have a website, My Credit Atty, helping me file to the credit reporting agencies since November 2010. I currently have a credit score of 546. That is embarassing to say. My fiance has a credit score of 789. I know this will impact her in life if I dont straighten this up. She is aware of my situation as well. Right now I have an extra $100 per month to spend on debt or collections. I have about $2000 worth of debt out there from collections and/or charged off accounts. What can I do to help rectify my credit score to get it better before we buy a house? I am in desperate need of guidance. I have little amounts too. But will it do any good to pay those if it already has been charged off? Some are from 5 years or so ago. Some get resold to another collection agency and then they get re-reported on my credit report so it starts a new 7 year period. Please help me as I am really trying to do better to help myself in the future and get what I need to get a  better credit rating. Thank you all.

Valued Contributor
mauve

Re: Repairing my Credit

You're going to want to post in the Rebuilding forum - and get more specific.  Figure out the statute of limitations for your state, rank your debts by seriousness / recentness, etc.  Help can be had, but this is way too vague to address.

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Moderator Emeritus
Lel

Re: Repairing my Credit

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}