Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporting Satified to the Courts

tag
MagicmanAA
Established Member

Reporting Satified to the Courts

I live in Minnesota and I have 2 judgements on my credit report. I paid both of them off on May 2, 2011. Only one so far has gone on my credit report as being satsified. My loan officer needs the other judgement to show satisfied before I can get approved for a mortgage. I told her I got a letter from the debt collector that is was sitisfied, but it wasn't the legal document that the debt collector is suppose to send to the courts. My question is, how long does the debt collector have to send in the letter to the courts? I have heard 2 weeks and I have heard 1 months? Any ideas?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: Reporting Satified to the Courts

The debtor probably has an attorney handling their judgments, as the debtor was the plaintiff when the judgment was filed and they typically have attornies take care of it.  Perhaps it is different in Minnesota, but I don't believe the debt is required to report the judgment as paid to the courts within a certain amount of time.  You can pay their lawyer's to prepare a satisfaction & to record it, but most do not do it automatically.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

My fiance had a similar problem with a judgment. He had to call the law firm that filed the judgment repeatedly and stress to them that this was holding up his ability to close on a loan. It was definitely a pain, but we eventually connected with someone in their office who actually wanted to help and both faxed and mailed it to him.

Message 3 of 4
mauve
Valued Contributor

I had luck with disputing a judgment with the objection that the balance was wrong - it was updated to satisfied.

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.