Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reputable Mortgage Lender

tag
headspin
New Contributor

Reputable Mortgage Lender

Can anyone recommend a good mortgage lender.  I am located in South Jersey.  I have spoken to a few to ask questions and they all seem so pushy just wanting to pull my credit.  I have told them that I have pulled my actual FICO scores and most have told me that those scores mean nothing to them.  Is this true?  I have heard of "auto enhanced" scores being different then FICOs, but I thought for mortgage purposes that they would see the same FICOs as I do.

I just want to find someone that I can talk to, let them know my situation and see what they can offer me based on the FICO's I give them before I let them pill my credit.  Is that impossible? 
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Reputable Mortgage Lender

They can't use them to do anything with but they should not pooh-pooh them.  They are probably thinking they are FAKO scores (do not want to admit that the general public can get a FICO score w/o them).  If they know that little and are condescending to you - don't work with them.

I'll dig thru my contacts and get you some names & phone numbers - those will be on a PM.

BTW, the lender doesn't have to be IN NJ to write in NJ...

CHECK YOUR PM!!!

Message Edited by Lady_Scarlet on 01-28-2008 04:34 PM
Message 2 of 5
headspin
New Contributor

Thank you Lady Scarlet.  I always read through these forums and have seen you give advice on bringing your scores to lenders before letting them pull your credit.  I just want some one to tell me,  "This is what we should be able to do with the information you are giving me."  I understand they have to obtain my reports but I want some idea first.

Any information you can PM me would be very much appreciated.  Thank you again.
Message 3 of 5
headspin
New Contributor

Thanks for the PM
Message 4 of 5
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Where are you getting your scores from?  Here at myFICO.com?  If so then any lender you speak to should be able to review them and tell you what type of mortgage terms to expect... if they are pushing you to pull your credit, then they aren't the lender for you.
Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.