Valued Member
chemical360

Rescore or credit pull

I have a quick question we were in the process to do a rescore to get a dispute comment off. I asked them to take off the comment them LO said it had to be settled so I paid it off. I got the pay off letter before the dispute so I sent that in thinking if it is paid off how can it be disputed. My LO said that would be fine. We have waited over a week for the rescore and today the rescore company said that is not good enough they need a letter saying it is no longer disputed. I do have the letter so I will send that over first thing in the AM.

My question is this. I have checked all 3 of my reports and the account is no longer on any of them. Instead of waiting a week to a week and a half to do the rescore can't they just pull my credit again and it will no longer be there and we can bypass all this documentation. Or does a rescore not count as a hard pull? Our Pre approval is waiting on this alone. Until this is corrected I can not get a preapproval and we already have houses we want to look at.

New Contributor
BCullum

Re: Rescore or credit pull

Honestly if that was the only issue, id print out a copy of your credit reports and take/fax it over to them to show the account in question dropped off. 

Lender Pull EQ 745 EX 734 TU 722
Valued Contributor
JM-AM

Re: Rescore or credit pull

Stop wasting time and use another Lender.
Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}