Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reserves

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Reserves

One of my conditions is to have reserves for two months from my own funds.. I have my rent due and this way I will be short on the amount of my reserves. I have money that came into my account for closing costs.. The amount I received is greater than the closing cost . But since it's not my fund what do I do.. Will my loan get declined
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Re: Reserves

Do you have a 401K account that you can take a loan out on to get the money? If the funds are not seasoned, they can't be used for a downpayment BUT I do think unseasoned funds can be used for closing costs/reserves. Have the "other" funds been in your account for at least 2 months?

If having 2 months reserves at closing is a condition for approval, yes your loan can be denied if you don't have the funds. If the "other" funds satisfy the condition and it is not a requirement for them to be seasoned, you should be OK. If they have to be seasoned, then you will need to get the extra money from your retirement/savings accounts or your paycheck.

When is the lender asking for the 2 months of reserves to be shown in your bank account?
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 2 of 5
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

pay rent with the 'not your funds'

Retired Lender
Message 3 of 5
Uppingmyscore
Established Contributor

@DallasLoanGuy wrote:

pay rent with the 'not your funds'

This here!

My Wallet: Amex Express BCE $27,000, Amex Express Blue Sky $6,000, Delta SkyMiles $10,000, Discover $14,000, Chase Freedom $23,500, Capital One $8,000, SAMS $10,000, and LOWES $10,000
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you everyone... just talked to my lender... She said everything is fine and not to worry so much.... Some of the money in the downpayment will be considered gift money ... So after I get the gift money that will be the reserves.. Hope this makes sense to anyone who has faced the same situation

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.