Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revolving accounts and mortgages

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Revolving accounts and mortgages

I posted about AmEx closing my BlueCash card with them, leaving me with only one open revolving credit account. See thread here. 

I'm looking to buy a home in the next few months and hoped to get pre-qualified this month. So what should I do? Try to get a new CL to replace the lost CL from AmEx? Or just pay off AmEx and not open any new CLs until I purchase a home?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Revolving accounts and mortgages

Anyone?
Message 2 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

You should PIF Amex ASAP. Once that reports, then tweak your store card's balance and see the effect on your TU and EQ scores to see what balance is optimum for points.

I'd wait on the CC. Your scores can easily reach the mid 700s without Amex.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I posted about AmEx closing my BlueCash card with them, leaving me with only one open revolving credit account. See thread here. 

I'm looking to buy a home in the next few months and hoped to get pre-qualified this month. So what should I do? Try to get a new CL to replace the lost CL from AmEx? Or just pay off AmEx and not open any new CLs until I purchase a home?

I only have one open revolving account and all of my FICO scores are above 700. I had no issues whatsoever getting pre-approved and my credit has several delinquencies on older, closed accounts.

So, I wouldn't worry about getting another CC as the newness of the account plus the inquiry may negate any score increase that you would see from another open revolving tradeline.

That's my $0.02, hope that helps.

Message 4 of 5
happy0510
Established Contributor

schlebrock,

I only have 1 open TL as well.  What else do you have on your report? Also, what were your baddies? Curious, as I am in the same boat and will be applying soon!!

Thanks,

Happy Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 615
Current Score: 709
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.