Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Road Loans turned me down. what now?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Road Loans turned me down. what now?

My scores are tu:558  equ: 548 exp:526

My scores keep dropping even though I have paid off 2,500 in old credit card debt which was in collections and charged off.

Got one collection which was not mine taken off my cr. My scores have dropped since improving my credit history. I even added two new credit lines and have paid often and early on both.

I can't get a car to save my life. Even road Loans turned me down.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
msensa
Contributor

Re: Road Loans turned me down. what now?

I'm in the same boat, almost exactly.  I haven't applied at Roadloans, as the bad news has come from so many other loan rejections I know it's useless.  I need a car, our family needs one badly.  Guess I'll just be looking for a bike with a trailer attachment for my kidsSmiley Happy 

I'm a tree hugging, peace loving, non-patchouli wearing new kind of hippie chick trying to find a comfortable balance in this consumer-driven world. I just wish I didn't have to care about credit.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
My scores are tu:558 equ: 548 exp:526
My scores keep dropping even though I have paid off 2,500 in old credit card debt which was in collections and charged off.
Got one collection which was not mine taken off my cr. My scores have dropped since improving my credit history. I even added two new credit lines and have paid often and early on both.
I can't get a car to save my life. Even road Loans turned me down.

You need to get PFD on collections or you score will go down-

Send GW letters and ask them to remove them.

Pay down the UTL on your current CC's/

Read to 101 thread.
Message 3 of 6
trudawg660
Contributor

I was denyed by roadloans also when i was trying to purchase my car.  I found out the my bank (bank of america) had a first time buyer loan. Other companies have them, who ever you have your checking account through might have one. That is the only reason why i got my car, because every loan company and dealership kept denying me.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was turned down by Roadloans, but approved by Citifinancial, you might want to check them out.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

You may want to try going to a car dealer and ask to speak to the GM or Finance Manager. Don't waste time with sales and picking out a car.  Tell the GM or Finance person your situation(don't let them run your scores. Have a current myfico printout if u can) and then ask them if they can even help someone in your shoes and if so approx what kind of terms.   Many big dealers have good leverage with local banks since they sell so many cars. 
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.