cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rural Development Approval with open collections

tag
lmason1976

Rural Development Approval with open collections

I have recently found what I think is my dream house, I applied with 2 different lenders, my mid score is 663. One said that I had to pay all of the open collections to get the loan and the other said that everything looked good and he thinks that it will be no problem.  I am so excited, yet worried, why would one say no problem, when the other said the collections need to be paid off?  I just am hoping this all goes smoothly and I'm not told later that they have to be paid?  Have any of you gotten a rural development with open collections?  They are a variety of things, old cell phone, old cc and old bank account.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Muschock
New Contributor

Re: Rural Development Approval with open collections

I did have to pay one collection that was 2600$. I did not have to pay smaller ones but I did anyhow. I think it depends on the internal overlays from whomever you get the mortgage...not USDA.
Message 2 of 3
trix_r_4_kids
Regular Contributor

Re: Rural Development Approval with open collections

I did an RD loan with an open collection that I was able to pay at closing.

I used to post my scores here. However, I'm prone to motion sickness and the ups and downs were nauseating.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.