Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rural Financing

tag
SilverBerries
Contributor

Rural Financing

What does

"Further, it qualifies for 100% financing through the Rural Development program." mean exactly? I think I've got some idea, but I need clarification from the experts and friendly folks of the mortgage board.

Thanks,

SilverBerries

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SilverBerries
Contributor

Re: Rural Financing

Thanks! After some investigation, the property I'm looking at qualifies, but I don't. I guess that's good - means I make a decent salary. On the other hand, it means I don't qualify for any of the programs available.

Thanks, again!

SilverBerries

Message 3 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

That means it's in a qualifying area for USDA mortgages. If you are within the income limits you can apply for a 0 down mortgage. It's a terrific program that beats FHA hands down. Income limits vary by county/state (and they aren't all that low.) google USDA guaranteed mortgage to find more information.
Message 2 of 7
SilverBerries
Contributor

Thanks! After some investigation, the property I'm looking at qualifies, but I don't. I guess that's good - means I make a decent salary. On the other hand, it means I don't qualify for any of the programs available.

Thanks, again!

SilverBerries

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Check again in a few weeks if you're not too far off. They're expected to be changing to a "bucket" system, where 1-4 people would be at the 4 person limit and 5-8 people would use the 8 person limit.
Message 4 of 7
SilverBerries
Contributor

I was over the minimum by about 20,000+. You think it'll make that much difference?

SilverBerries

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope. If you're over by that much, save the 3.5% for FHA or 5% for conventional and move on.
Message 6 of 7
SilverBerries
Contributor

I played with the numbers on the HUD site, so pretty much figured the same thing. I have my down payment for FHA, but wanted to explore all avenues that were available.

Thanks for your assistance,

SilverBerries

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.