Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCORE TANKED 39 POINTS!!!! DUE TO JUNK DEBT COLLECTOR

tag
cocomadd
Regular Contributor

SCORE TANKED 39 POINTS!!!! DUE TO JUNK DEBT COLLECTOR

UPDATE:

I have approximately 30 days to apply for my USDA loan.  Some of you have read my previous message, but here goes...I found out that 2 junk collectors just reported on my and my husband's credit, tanking my husband's score 19 points and mine 39!!!  Our PREVIOUS scores qualified us, NOW because of this they dont.  These are from 2007 and 2008, past the statute of limitations in my state to collect and NEVER were on our reports before!!!!  I have filed a complaint with CFPB over the weekend and am waiting for result!  I called EX and they didn't have record of it.  I also called TU they had record of 1....I believe EX has both of mine, but they wouldn't share the information because I didnt have a current credit report number and then had the nerve to try to sell it to me!!!  I am at a lost and in shock of the devious practices these CA's CRA's participate in.  I am seriously considering an attorney.. has anyone out there worked with Lexington Law??  Is it worth it???  H E L P! Smiley Sad  What other recourse do I have???

Exp/647-Fako
EQ/629-Fico
Trans/656-Fako
NEW SCORES
EX/665
EQ/642
Trans/656 Fako

This is new to me but I will take the 750+ challenge! Goal by May 2014
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Re: SCORE TANKED 39 POINTS!!!! DUE TO JUNK DEBT COLLECTOR

You have mailed out disputes for these right.

Message 2 of 4
cocomadd
Regular Contributor

I have mailed out regarding my husband's.  I am mailing a Validation letter for mine to the CA today certified.  Do you suggest I mail disputes to EX and TU?  Do I need a personal letter or should I use some sort of form?

Thanks!

Exp/647-Fako
EQ/629-Fico
Trans/656-Fako
NEW SCORES
EX/665
EQ/642
Trans/656 Fako

This is new to me but I will take the 750+ challenge! Goal by May 2014
Message 3 of 4
1LNurse
Established Member

30 days is enough time for you to do it yourself. You started with the letters. Now call every day requesting an update. Ask them to fax over their response if they can to cut back on time. If they are giving you the run around..demand to speak with their supervisor or you will report them to the regulatory bodies (FTC , BBB). Don't take no for an answer!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.