cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIGNED DOCS FRIDAY, NOW LENDER ASKING FOR PAYCHECK STUBS THEN THEY CAN GIVE FUNDING CONDITIONS

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

SIGNED DOCS FRIDAY, NOW LENDER ASKING FOR PAYCHECK STUBS THEN THEY CAN GIVE FUNDING CONDITIONS

I signed docs friday morning, thinking that just possibly we would close on 3/31 as scheduled then I get a phone call at 3:30 today saying that they need recent paycheck stubs and bank statements THEN they can give funding conditions.. Im so frustrated...is this normal has anyone had this experience..my friends just closed with no problems after they signed...please share thanks

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: SIGNED DOCS FRIDAY, NOW LENDER ASKING FOR PAYCHECK STUBS THEN THEY CAN GIVE FUNDING CONDITIONS

Why did your LO not already have these.  A good LO keeps all these documents updated as he goes as they alwasy want the most recent ones prior to closing.  So when we bought, the lO had us send over copies of each bank statement and paystub as we got them so nothing ever got backed up.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: SIGNED DOCS FRIDAY, NOW LENDER ASKING FOR PAYCHECK STUBS THEN THEY CAN GIVE FUNDING CONDITIONS

I agree.  Our loan officer pretty much had us turn over every single piece of documentation before we signed the paperwork.  He said that he is building our file so that when it gets to the underwriter it has less of a chance for being sent back.  I mean everything I could think of.  And even random things I thought of he was like oh yes give those to me too.  I guess its for the better.  Then he said all we should have to provided, granted he had everything they wanted to see, would be recent paystubs and bank statements before we close but that is normal.

I would if I were anyone get all your paperwork together you can think of to have handy.  Old tax returns, get them from your accountant, old paystubs, letters from employeers about pay raises, 401k information, any letters from loan companies, student loans, documentation from any account you own that may be in questionable standing and corrections you made, documentation from our landlords.  Thankfully we had been working on this for over a year, as far as fixing our credit scores so most everything was at my fingertips. 

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks for the responses...this house buying stuff has been very stressful I'm glad to hear this is procedural stuff.  The docs are all turned now we just wait...hopefully ill have the keys by the end of the week..
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.