Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SL consolidation cutting it close for app

tag
thankfulheart
Established Contributor

SL consolidation cutting it close for app

I thought my student loan consolidation/move to IBR plan would be done by now, giving it time to report for June, when I plan to apply for my mortgage.  I'm on a tight timeline for a variety of reasons including lease and vacation time locked in. I'm fairly confident the transaction will be complete, just not that it will have time to report.  Will a billing statement from the SL servicer be enough to demonstrate the new payment or will I need to do something to get the CRAs updated correctly?  I can't believe I'm just 5 weeks away from applying!

Starting Score: 10/1/2011 EQ 568 TU 593
Current Score: EQ 664 TU 700 EX 701 (FAKO)

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

Re: SL consolidation cutting it close for app

@thankfulheart wrote:

I thought my student loan consolidation/move to IBR plan would be done by now, giving it time to report for June, when I plan to apply for my mortgage.  I'm on a tight timeline for a variety of reasons including lease and vacation time locked in. I'm fairly confident the transaction will be complete, just not that it will have time to report.  Will a billing statement from the SL servicer be enough to demonstrate the new payment or will I need to do something to get the CRAs updated correctly?  I can't believe I'm just 5 weeks away from applying!

Well, when I applied, it really didnt matter what was on there at the start, just what is showing at close.. soo, if you know it is coming, I would say app away..

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 2 of 3
vlaw1084
Contributor

Re: SL consolidation cutting it close for app

I was in the same boat as you and if you know your loan is being consolodated and can check online, I would say it is safe to start the app process.  I can now check my student loan online so I know that loan was consolodated. 

J

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.