cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Safe to put in 30 day notice? Automated Underwriting approved.

tag
gpeach
Regular Contributor

Safe to put in 30 day notice? Automated Underwriting approved.

We are not set to close till July 10th as it is new construction and that is the soonest they will let me close. I called bank today and she said that we were approved through automated underwriting and awaiting apprasial. We live in military housing and have to put a 30 day notice in but there is no turning back once we do. If something goes wrong we have to move.

What can go wrong at this point? Nothing has changed at all so it is pretty solid that we will close July 10th? 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Safe to put in 30 day notice? Automated Underwriting approved.

Do not put notice in until you are closed.  There are many things that can go wrong ( the big one being the appraisal...)  It is much better to suck up an extra months of rent than risk having to maove twice or loose the deal.
Message 2 of 5
WannaHouse
Valued Contributor

I agree with Mickie. Why take the chance? If nothing else, you can move in a bit slower instead of all in a day or two. We took about 2 weeks to slowly move stuff in, and then did the mass move this past weekend.

If you read all the other threads, you will see that it is never over until you have those keys in hand.

Kathy

We are finally homeowners!!

Closed May 5th-30 yr fixed at 5.25%.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

To me, it depends on whether you anticipate having any problems with closing. We received my FHA appraisal about a week after we made the offer and put my notice to move then. We had no problems at all (our loan officer, who was PHENOMENAL through the whole process, told us we wouldn't have problems. She was right.)

However, if you anticipate problems with the appraisal, having enough money or anything else, then I would wait.

Message 4 of 5
renaboo01
New Contributor

I agree with the other poster. I would wait until you close. Anything can still happen and these days, nothing is for sure until it is done. It would make more since to know you still have somewhere to live, and plus you can take you time moving.

7/31/09- EQ 678,TU 670, EX 677: I did it! I am a homeowner!!!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.