Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Same Day Mortgage & Car Loan

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same Day Mortgage & Car Loan

Hello,

Not sure if this has been ask recently or not. But I would like to purchase a home but I also need another car. Is it best to purchase the new car the same day as the close date or wait a few months if possible. I'm working on boosting my credit score but don't want to do anything to jeopardize getting the home.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Same Day Mortgage & Car Loan

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello,

Not sure if this has been ask recently or not. But I would like to purchase a home but I also need another car. Is it best to purchase the new car the same day as the close date or wait a few months if possible. I'm working on boosting my credit score but don't want to do anything to jeopardize getting the home.

Get keys then go car shopping.  

        
Message 2 of 8
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Rev is right, close on your home first, make sure it funds, get your keys to your new home. Then buy a car. You don't need to wait for months after you close on your home but you do need to wait until your home closes and funds and funds.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

So do we know when it funds... one day or a few days.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Revelate

Message 5 of 8
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

i think it depends on what state you are in. Some states fund the same day, and others fund a few days after closing.

We are in Georgia...our lender funded our loan while we were closing.  We got the keys before we left the closing attorney's office, and he told us that once we got the keys we were free to get new credit if we chose to do so.

AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 6 of 8
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Dry funding states (not same day): Arizona, California, Hawaii, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Washington

Wet funding: everyone else.

        
Message 7 of 8
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

the closing company will let you know when you have funded.

all good to go shopping after that.

Retired Lender
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.