Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Same Line of Work/ Profession

tag
sophmore
Valued Member

Same Line of Work/ Profession

Okay, this is probably a silly question but here goes....

I've worked in the hospitality industry since 1994.  I've always worked at a hotel and I have worked various departments throughout the years.  I have moved from working the front desk/audit to the accounting department/payroll.  Would the amount of time I put for the same line of work/profession be the entire time I've worked hospitality or just for the number of years I've been in accounting?

Thanks for the help!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
FrugalRican
Blogger

Re: Same Line of Work/ Profession

I always assumed it was what you worked for with a specific employer, independent of how many positions you might have worked at there.

I might be wrong though.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 2 of 5
sophmore
Valued Member

Thanks for the reply!  I've actually worked at a couple of different hotels through the years.  So, it's not exactly the same employer.  I've been with my current employer for 3 1/2 years.

Message 3 of 5
cdtotten
Established Contributor

If you have been with your current employer for 3.5 years, you are fine. It does not matter what roll you play within the organization. Titles change all the time.

Starting Score: 627 EQ, 621 TU - 11/15/08
Current Score: 778 EQ, 781 TU, 778 EXP 07/20/12 Lender Pull
Goal Score: 800 EQ & TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 5
MBOhio2
Established Contributor

Yep, I think the rule is 24 months with the same employer OR evidence that your different employment within the last 24 months is all within the same line of work. Therefore, if you're been with the same employer that long, you should be completely fine!

Mid-2010 Starting Scores: FAKO EQ 476 FAKO EX 506 FICO TU98 575
July 2017 Current Scores: Approx 710 (waiting for official updates)
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.