freshblipster

Saving during pre-approval & before closing

Hello everyone,

I am planning on buying a townhome this year. I'm going to shop between BB&T, Wells Fargo and the Builders Lender my middle Fico is 656 and I'm getting a rate from all of them (by just pre-qualification with no credit check) of 3.25% FHA. I am buying a new construction and it takes about 4 months to build. By the time I get pre-approved I will have between $10000-$11200 in savings with 2% about $5400 for earnest money. The estimated closing costs I've gotten from these lenders (by just talking) with closing costs credit is about $13k. So my question is when I get pre-approved do I need to have the full $13k in savings or will they be okay with knowing I will have it by the time we close? Should I pay the earnest money before pre-approval? I dont know if it's okay to take out about half the money out of my savings.

9/19/2012 - EXP 725 (FAKO), EQU 704 (FICO), TSN 715 (FICO)
8/30/2012 - EXP 620 (FICO) Lender Pull, EQU 689 (FICO), TSN 653 (FICO)
7/18/2012 - EXP 570 (FICO) Lender Pull, EQU 638 (FICO), TSN 598 (FICO)
6/14/2012 - EXP 555 (FAKO), EQU 555 (FAKO), TSN 549 (FAKO)
patrick74

Re: Saving during pre-approval & before closing

I would check into financing with the builder, you often will get softer terms ex.financing, credit terms.....and most all builder perks!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+