tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Scared to try pre qualification

Okay...

TransUinion FICO 619

Equifax FICO 645

Experian *PLUS SCORE* 585

What does this mean in regards to getting a USDA loan? I understand that the PLUS score isnt accurate and my score may fluctuate up or down by as much as 30-50 points!

I heard USDA goes by the MIDDLE score... meaning I suppose the 619, which leaves me 1 point from being qualified?

Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: Scared to try pre qualification

@Anonymous wrote:

Okay...

TransUinion FICO 619

Equifax FICO 645

Experian *PLUS SCORE* 585

What does this mean in regards to getting a USDA loan? I understand that the PLUS score isnt accurate and my score may fluctuate up or down by as much as 30-50 points!

I heard USDA goes by the MIDDLE score... meaning I suppose the 619, which leaves me 1 point from being qualified?

Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks

You are correct in that they use your middle score. Some lenders will say you need a 620 while some are higher, with very very very few still qualifying with lower. In my opinion I would build your scores up a little before applying. If you are looking at a USDA loan they take a little longer majority of the time (not always), so you would have time to bring your scores up to qualify. 

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experian seems to be the biggest pain when disputing inaccurate items. Question- USDA only requiress 620, but I understand if you have a 640+ then you are "slipstreamed" through the process...

If so, does anyone know how I can get help specifically with Experian?

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

My lease is up 4/1/11 .. I am in Texas... The worst thing I have on my credit is from 2004... I have no latest in the last 12 months...

I want to be closed and moved in 4/1... Is getting just the negative items removed enough to raise my scores 30-40 points?

Message 4 of 7
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My lease is up 4/1/11 .. I am in Texas... The worst thing I have on my credit is from 2004... I have no latest in the last 12 months...

I want to be closed and moved in 4/1... Is getting just the negative items removed enough to raise my scores 30-40 points?

If you list your good and bad from your reports others will give their opinions on what you can do to help increase your scores.

List type of account, lates, collections, credit limit, balances, dates, etc etc... just omit personal information.

For best results post this information in the rebuilding forum section.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 5 of 7
bigman023
Frequent Contributor

My Exp Plus score is 634.  My  Ex FICO is 681.  My most recent late was 2.5 yrs ago.  1 Inq 5 months old, BK13 5yrs & 10 months old, and utilation is 22%... Try running your EX information through the myfico simulator.

Good luck!!

5/2009 EQ-504(FICO), TU98-567(FICO), EX- 503 (FAKO)
10/17/11 EQ-633, TU04-652, EX-681 All lender Pulls
10/17/11 TU98-678
12/21/2012 TU98-677 (39% Util)
01/21/2012 EQ - 661 (37% Util) SW Alert
Message 6 of 7
gagum129
Regular Contributor

Where did you get your Transunion score from? If you got it from this website chances are that it is not the score your lender will use either. They use the Transunion 98 scoring model on this website while most lenders have switched to the Transunion 04 model. There is no real way to figure what your 04 score is based on the 98. I have read some people's 98 has been lower than their 04 and vice versa. The only way to really know your scores is to have your lender pull r scores.

Starting Score: 582
Current Score:
Equifax 684 MyFico 10/10/11
Transunion 659 lender pull 7/6/11
Experian 690 lender pull 7/6/11

Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.