Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score Difference

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Score Difference

Hello,

I am trying to obtain a mortgage loan... I have been using MYFico to check my scores. My middle score which is TU, is 660, however when the mortgage company pulled, she said it was 621, why is there such a huge difference?

any help is appreciated!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Score Difference

If you pulled a "consumer report" then  that would not be the same as a Lender pulling the report thru their system ...it is almost always lower because the mortgage companies look at different aspects of the report. 620 should still be able to get you a mortgage through FHA Underwriting

Message 2 of 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Score Difference

@TheGoodNameProgram wrote:

If you pulled a "consumer report" then  that would not be the same as a Lender pulling the report thru their system ...it is almost always lower because the mortgage companies look at different aspects of the report. 620 should still be able to get you a mortgage through FHA Underwriting

While it's true that a lender will pull a tri-merge report via CredCo, CBCInnovis, or wherever, the same accounts and account stati will match both reports. The tri-merge iwll show a little more info with regards to 7-yrs vs. myFICO's 2. And the report format obviously differs too. 

Per FICO, lenders pull the same Classic FICO scores as myFICO. The EQ FICO on here will match 99% of lenders' out there (Beacon 5.0). However, the TU FICO may or may not match. MyFICO sells an older version than what most lenders pull. While some lenders still use the same TU FICO version, odds are you'll have a lender pull the '04 version (TransUnion Classic 04 as opposed to TransUnion Classic 98 on here). At one point in time, myFICO also offered an EX FICO. That matched most all lenders out there too (Fair Isaac Risk Model v2).

To the OP....40 is quite a bit. Usually the norm is 30 points +/- . DW's lender pull for TU FICO was 30 points higher. Mine was 10 lower.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.