Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score changes between underwriting and closing

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Score changes between underwriting and closing

I'm about 10 days from closing and am going through a level of psychosis that I've never experience before.

I'm doing a conventional, 10% down.

Got a commitment when my FICO score was 716. I had conditions, which I have fulfilled.  Credit was re-pulled for final underwiting about a week ago.

I had to contact some creditors to get remarks removed from 3 accounts.  It's amazing the level of brain-dead some of these people are...and they have my credit in their hands.  For 1 account, the idiots removed the remarks, but added a derogatory by mistake.  Basically it was a fully paid utility collection  (only $100) that first and last derogatory was listed in March, and after they removed the remarks , it moved up to July, which tanked my score 35 points.  They only did it with Experian, so I know it wasn't something else, as the other 2 CA's remained the same. 

It seems like whenever I call one of these guys, my score goes down, so while I want to get it fixed, I won't want to risk them screwing up the other 2 CAs as well.  I'd much rather hang tight with my current score.

Current middle score is 689.  Nothing material has changed on my credit report, but that's where I'm sitting at.  I'm afraid to call anybody or fix anything, because everytime i do, it seems like my score drops.

Question is - should I be freaked out?  What score do they use?  If they repull before closing, will they deny the loan, or are they just looking for new credit, new derogs, etc?  I am going to ask my LO tomorrow, but thought I would get a sense from people on here.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Score changes between underwriting and closing

They look to see if you've become irresponsible and opened up new credit and if you have over-extended your current credit also. They use the low middle score. Be careful when trying to make last second changes to your credit. It is always best to consult with your LO before making any kind of attempts to change your credit profile.  People have been denied for simple mistakes and it would be a shame to have something like that mess you up. Always keep the LO in the loop.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Score changes between underwriting and closing

I'd sit tight, and not call anymore of these people and shake the leaves.  The 689 should be good enough to float the note.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.