Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score

tag
MOMO30
Regular Contributor

Score

I've been reading and I'm a bit confused about dispute comments my loan officer said I need to have disputes removed 

l  disputed lates on my student loans because my loans were suppose to be in deferment but long story short they weren't.

I did not win the dispute and now comments remain the lates are from 2010. I've been current since 2010 with no lates at all I just got my score to where 

it needs to be and I can't afford to loose points.  Would I loose points If the dispute  comments are removed from accounts I'm current on?

random question : do u loose points from a trapped rescore ?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Score

The most likely reasoning for this is that your lender is using an automated underwriting system, and the system is flagging the disputes and not counting them in your automated approval.

Your lender may be able to make it a manual underwrite ( if they allow that ) and you would be ok as is.

If they do not allow that, you will have to get the disputes off your credit. Which means doing a rapid rescore with letters stating you are no longer disputing the accounts. Sadly, once this is finished.. they will have to pull a fresh credit report. New scores, another inquiry, etc.

Inbox me if you have anymore questions! Good luck

Message 2 of 3
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: Score

lenders cannot tell if the comments are indeed comments or just real disputes pending.

so they ask for them to be removed.

i have seen clients remove dipute comments and lose 60 points..... (were coded as actually still in dispute)

i have seen clients remove comments and lose zero points..... (just comments that remain)

the bureaus can tell you if you ask..... i would bet.... how the account is coded.

Retired Lender
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.