Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scoured posts and was unable to find an answer to my question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Scoured posts and was unable to find an answer to my question

Hello,

A little background three years ago I was medically retired from the army for an illness that presented when on active duty. I was an air traffic controller and my illness made me medically unable to receive medical clearance to do my job in the civilian market. I have since gone to school and worked full time last two years. Recently a job was posted which would allow me to reenter my field of expertise and if I do receive a job offer would the two years of current job history be relevant to my situation? I receive 1700 tax free from VA disability a month for the last two years. I would be able to buy a home with a low DTI, the two years of job stability is my only concern. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you for your time

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: Scoured posts and was unable to find an answer to my question

Something like this is a judgment call. Re-entering a previous field of work is common though.

Very likely to get approved if everything else on the file is ok.

Shaky borrower credit and/or assets is less likely.

Retired Lender
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Scoured posts and was unable to find an answer to my question

Thanks Dallas, FICO is high 700's so your post made me less anxious. Thanks for taking the time to help.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.