Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Searching for USDA lender

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Searching for USDA lender

Hello all,
My family is located in Washinton State and we are very interested in building a home. We are searching for a USDA approved lender who would be interested in particpating in the USDA Combination Construction-to Permanent Loan program. This is part of the USDA Rural Development Guaranteed Loan Program. We are excited to speak with lenders that would like to work with us and talk more about this loan and the home building process.

Here is more information about the Combination Construction-to-Permanent Loan.
http://www.rd.usda.gov/files/RD-RHS-SFHGSingleCloseLendersBuildersInfo.pdf

Thanks in advance!!
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Searching for USDA lender

You can also use the RD site to check for approved lenders. It has them listed by state.
Message 2 of 6
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
You can also use the RD site to check for approved lenders. It has them listed by state.

this is a good idea.

or ask a realtor for a referral to a couple of good lenders they know

Retired Lender
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes we are currently contacting lenders on this list. A problem we seem to be facing is the lack of awareness of this program. Some lenders who also offer other construction loans don't realize that this USDA construction to permanent loan is even a thing. My husband and I have found ourselves educating these approved USDA lenders and are currently waiting to see if they would be interested in particpating in the program. We have contacted many USDA housing represenatives from different states who have all stated this is a great program but just has not picked up speed yet. 

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah it does seem to be new to gain speed. I don't think many know about it. i became educated on all things USDA because our approved lender had a gap in knowledge that almost cost us our house but I was able to sort it. Whomever you choose make sure you stay on top of it all and the USDA offices are very consumer friendly.
Message 5 of 6
westcon5
Valued Member

PM sent.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.