Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seasoned funds for a mortage and freelance / bonus

tag
mccallb
Frequent Contributor

Seasoned funds for a mortage and freelance / bonus

Im curious about how the seasoned funds stipulation works.  I am planning to have 10K in the checking account when I go to get preapproved June 1.  As of right now, I only have about 5 in the account.  The reason for this is just because I've been using all my additional income to pay down debt, and otherwise prepare for a potential move.  Also, in may, I get an extra paycheck from work and I am recieving some freelance payments with a company through which i do contracting.  

The freelance company is a legitimate arrangement even though they were not on my taxes last year because I didn't start until this year, so the source of income is verifiable.

My question is, if I hit the 10K mark on May 16th, am I safe to go get preapproved on June 1, or do I need to wait longer?

CK EQ: 730 / CK TU: 735 / EXP FICO: 721 / EX Vantage: 793 / Total Exposure: 112K
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
TimeToRecover
Established Contributor

Re: Seasoned funds for a mortage and freelance / bonus

I am in a similar situation.  I am planning on using a CD that is maturing in August for my downpayment/closing etc.  I called and spoke to a mortgage lender and they said that they do preapprovals etc all the time with the conditions of verifiable money at a later date.  I am actually meeting with them next week to take all my paperwork in and begin the processes with the proven documents that I will have X amount in August. 

I am sure the actual experts on here will have more to say.

Starting Score: 570 ish
Current Score:EX (701) EQ (711) TU (705)
Goal Score: 750
In My Wallet: GE Care Credit (8K) BestBuy (6K) BofA Cash Rewards Signature Visa (7K) Cap One Quicksilver (10.5K) Chase Freedom (4K) Lowes (6K) VS Angel Card (2.4K), Macys (4K)
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.