Established Member

Second Review

[ Edited ]

Well my 1st home buying purchase has become an adventure, I knew it would be kinda off close going in anyway due to the couple of 30 day lates in 2011 and also following a bk that was discharged in nov 2010. I got passed the automated underwriting but LO said it has to go to a manual uw because the bka so after all the life story letters I wrote I believe she denied. So my LO wants to send it to a "Second Review" because he said that the loan financially is a good deal and he don't wnt me to lose the house for a couple of lates 15 months ago. My question is have anyone been through or heard any success going this route or am I dead in the water. Btw it's a VA loan. Thanks

Starting Score: EQ 425 (Discharged Ch. 7 BK 11/16/2010)
Current Score: EQ 600/TU 677/EX 663 (All Lender Pull 11/10/2012)
Goal Score: 700 Cross The Board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor

Re: Second Review

Sometimes the LO or Broker has good reputation with lender and second review can work in your favor.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Established Member

Re: Second Review

Hey I hope so jm-am, got a email today stating my file is with a senior level manager and I should have a answer tomorrow. Worst case I have the builders' lender waiting on a decision one way or another to see if they can make it happen for me. Man I wish I can go back 15 months ago and just pay the min. on those cards instead of waiting. Any derogatory marks after a bk will kill your mortgage dreams, now I know. 

Starting Score: EQ 425 (Discharged Ch. 7 BK 11/16/2010)
Current Score: EQ 600/TU 677/EX 663 (All Lender Pull 11/10/2012)
Goal Score: 700 Cross The Board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.