Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

See if you can ease my mind

tag
BCullum
New Contributor

See if you can ease my mind

I posted a thread that didn't get much attention last week. Hopefully me explaining my situation a little better can help get a few answers. I am going conventional, I have already gone through underwriting, I have already received clear to close. I had a collection on my TU report, for 152 dollars from 2008. I had disputed this 4 months prior to try and clean up my report, EXP and EQ deleted the collection however TU did not. I made it through underwriting with this collection on my TU report. Fast forward to 2/10 TU or the creditor whichever one updates my file with "Consumr Disputes Account". Closing docs are already ready, and I am to receive my HUD tomorrow. What are the chances at this stage in the game that this could pose a problem. I am suppose to close Wednesday. 

edit: They pulled my credit again for a "final audit" on friday afternoon, and no one seemed to have made mention of this issue. 

Lender Pull EQ 745 EX 734 TU 722
Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33
playboy
Regular Contributor

Re: See if you can ease my mind

@BCullum wrote:

I posted a thread that didn't get much attention last week. Hopefully me explaining my situation a little better can help get a few answers. I am going conventional, I have already gone through underwriting, I have already received clear to close. I had a collection on my TU report, for 152 dollars from 2008. I had disputed this 4 months prior to try and clean up my report, EXP and EQ deleted the collection however TU did not. I made it through underwriting with this collection on my TU report. Fast forward to 2/10 TU or the creditor whichever one updates my file with "Consumr Disputes Account". Closing docs are already ready, and I am to receive my HUD tomorrow. What are the chances at this stage in the game that this could pose a problem. I am suppose to close Wednesday. 

If UW had a problem it with you'd still be in underwriting.  At this point I feel like you're fine.

Starting Score: EX 575/TU 534/EQ 570
Current Scores per Myfico: (As of 12-14-13) EX 690/EQ 685/TU 679
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 34
BCullum
New Contributor

It didn't pop up till after underwriting. 

Message 3 of 34
namvet
Established Contributor

You are good to go once closing docs are prepared.  Your credit has been checked for the last time. 

Message 4 of 34
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

I think you are fine, your credit was real when you got the clear to close.

When they pulled you on Friday they were just making sure you didn't go out a buy a bunch of stuff on credit right before closing.

If you went out and maxed out your Lowes credit card and it reported and they pulled you, then id be worried.

Message 5 of 34
BCullum
New Contributor

@tooleman694 wrote:

I think you are fine, your credit was real when you got the clear to close.

When they pulled you on Friday they were just making sure you didn't go out a buy a bunch of stuff on credit right before closing.

If you went out and maxed out your Lowes credit card and it reported and they pulled you, then id be worried.

o crap.....

lmao just kidding.

Message 6 of 34
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

hehehehehehhe.

Message 7 of 34
BCullum
New Contributor

I actually paid my credit cards down, which raised my score a good 20-30 points. 

Message 8 of 34
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Yeah I wouldn't lose sleep over it.

The only thing you should be losing sleep over is all the packing you are gonna be doing.

Congrats.

Message 9 of 34
BCullum
New Contributor

dude, weve been packed for a month hahahaha. We were going to move in march anyways, so we got a head start lol. Pick the moving truck up on friday, put the dogs in the pet hotel, and off to Garland we move!

Message 10 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.