Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller Concessions FHA

tag
JMMD
Frequent Contributor

Seller Concessions FHA

I have read both 6% and 3% for the allowed Seller Concessions with FHA. Which one is correct?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Seller Concessions FHA

6% for FHA

Message 2 of 5
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@JMMD wrote:

I have read both 6% and 3% for the allowed Seller Concessions with FHA. Which one is correct?

Remember the phrase is "up to a maximum 6%". for seller concessions for an FHA loan.

However, if you are trying to get a bank to contribute toward your closing costs and pre-paid expenses on a REO deal, they usually limit the contribution to 3%, even on FHA financing.  

Message 3 of 5
JMMD
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the info!

Message 4 of 5
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

@StartingOver10 wrote:

@JMMD wrote:

Remember the phrase is "up to a maximum 6%". for seller concessions for an FHA loan.

However, if you are trying to get a bank to contribute toward your closing costs and pre-paid expenses on a REO deal, they usually limit the contribution to 3%, even on FHA financing.  

to clarify. that is the seller limiting the concessions in this case..... not fha

Retired Lender
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.