Credit Card Center Advertiser Disclosure

New Contributor
0 Kudos

Seller's agent is asking for proof of funds for closing

[ Edited ]

The house is listed for 199K and I offered 204K + 3% closing help. Apparently there's multiple offers. The seller's agent is asking for proof of funds for closing. Why do they need to check the funds? I do have enough to cover the diference of closing costs. Is that an sign they will not accept my offer? 

Valued Contributor
0 Kudos

Re: Seller's agent is asking for proof of funds for closing

Maybe they are interested in your offer and want to make sure you can cover your end....speculation...Smiley Happy

AmexPlat(NPSL) Amex BCP(26k) BofA CR Siggy(15k) NFCU CLOC(15K) AmexOpt (13.1k AU) NFCU VS Cash(12.5K) Venture WMC(10.25k) Walmart(10k) BofA BBR(10k) Lowes(10K) Discover(8.5k) Chase FU(7k) Pier 1(6.5k) BB Visa(6k) Care Credit (6k) J Crew(5.6k) Citi Diamond(5.5k) Barclaycard(5k) PenFed PCR(5K) Kohls(3k) Mortgage May 2017 - 2 Penfed auto loans May 2017

FICO 8 Scores EX 720(15) EQ 670(16)TU 717(18) AAOA 3.0yrs TCL=179,950
Super Contributor

doinit1 wrote:

Maybe they are interested in your offer and want to make sure you can cover your end....speculation...Smiley Happy

or maybe they want to see how much money you have before they counter?

* While I try to visit the forum often, please feel free to contact me directly with a link to your post if I fail to answer a follow up question.

* Lending across the entire 'Great State of Texas' (and now Louisiana)since 2004

* The Loan Officer who you can call anytime... and answers your questions Nights & Weekends

Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos

luckystar10 wrote:

The house is listed for 199K and I offered 204K + 3% closing help. Apparently there's multiple offers. The seller's agent is asking for proof of funds for closing. Why do they need to check the funds? I do have enough to cover the diference of closing costs. Is that an sign they will not accept my offer? 

Perhaps seller does not think it'll appraise for that much and wants to ensure you have the funds to cover the shortage.

NFCU Cash Rewards | CSP | WalMart MC | Target Red Visa | Citi Costco | AMEX BCE
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos

What is your agent saying?  Seller agent is looking for the best deal for her client.  Have you looked at Zillow or Redfin to see what they estimate the appraise value of the home in question is?  Like what was said before, there might be a chance the home won't appraise for the amount of your offer.

12/27/16 - Eq683 TU666 Ex681 04/05/17 Eq742 TU763 Ex757
Established Contributor

[ Edited ]

1) Zillow values are trash They are AVM values 1b) Redfin is not worth anything either.  If you believe them I can sell you several houses for Zillow values  and retire very very rich and you bk.   2) Have your broker do a CMA/BPO  3) POF can either mean multiple offers or they like your offer.  4) Many sellers do not want to go under contract with some one who can't close.  I have flipped over 100 houses. On all our "buys" we submit POF and we require preapproval for loan and POF for the down payments when we sell . At  least one deal a year I have somebody say I have the cash and want to buy and then not be able to come up with the POF.  In many markets today the inventory is very weak and hard to get comps. ALSo, have the POF show just the amount needed in the offer not a dime more.  

New Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your help!

Seller will decide tomorrow. So nervous 

0 Kudos

Backwoods wrote:

1) Zillow values are trash They are AVM values 1b) Redfin is not worth anything either.  If you believe them I can sell you several houses for Zillow values  and retire very very rich and you bk.   2) Have your broker do a CMA/BPO  3) POF can either mean multiple offers or they like your offer.  4) Many sellers do not want to go under contract with some one who can't close.  I have flipped over 100 houses. On all our "buys" we submit POF and we require preapproval for loan and POF for the down payments when we sell . At  least one deal a year I have somebody say I have the cash and want to buy and then not be able to come up with the POF.  In many markets today the inventory is very weak and hard to get comps. ALSo, have the POF show just the amount needed in the offer not a dime more.  

^^^Exactly right.  Couldn't have said it better. 

Valued Contributor
0 Kudos

luckystar10 wrote:

This has me confused. Are people actually offering over the listed price for houses now?  If so, is this a common thing now? I thought list price was where you begin negotiations and then you make offers for less, and then usually meet somewhere in between.

TU fico08=817 6/24/17
EX fico08=806 6/24/17
EQ fico08=811 6/24/17
Garden since 4/5/2017
Established Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sarge, in many markets today list price is just the starting price. I have under contract now that got 21 offers in the first 7 days . If house in my market is even close to what  you want you have to make an offer because there is simply nothing out there/   If the buyer asks for anything I can move  on to another one that won't   Trying to value these things in this market is very hard.  Alot of what you see being sold now built for contract at unreal prices.  This is a seller market

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.