cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller wanted Preapproval and would not accept Lender’s Prequalification Letter.

tag
girlonmission
Valued Member

Re: Seller wanted Preapproval and would not accept Lender’s Prequalification Letter.

I had to google Recalcitrant cause it sounded like a chemical liquid.

Message 11 of 14
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: Seller wanted Preapproval and would not accept Lender’s Prequalification Letter.

Yeah everything that you describe indicates it was a pre-qualification, even the letter says pre-qualification.  A pre-approval is when the underwriter has reviewed.

Because you are seeking an FHA loan, I would not recomend you go with Quicken, the bad reviews on them are usually from people who had some difficult aspect of their file to get approved... the people who give them good reviews usually are people who have no issues at all with their file getting approved.  I'd give the local lender a shot, they will be motivated to help you out and get pre-approved in the proper way.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 12 of 14
girlonmission
Valued Member

yeah, I am definetly looking for local. There are some states and local programs I have been researching, I think they would be more familiar with them.

Message 13 of 14
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

For sure they would. 

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.