cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sent to underwriting today. Worried about check stubs.

tag
CelesteR
Regular Contributor

Sent to underwriting today. Worried about check stubs.

I was sent to underwriting this morning. I'm wondering what they are going to say about me not having 30 day check stubs. I worked for the same nursing home for 3 years. Quit in October to try out Assisted Living and hated it. Old job called me back with a nice raise so I went back. Worried now that this will hurt me since I had a month between jobs. My LO says it won't because I'm also a full time student and that was at the begining of the semster so a valid excuse as to why I took a break for a month. Same field for over 3 years and back to a company I had been with over three years. If the underwritter wants 30 days of check stubs that will hold us up a week and half till I get it. Smiley Sad

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: Sent to underwriting today. Worried about check stubs.

Even if you weren't a student it shouldn't be an issue.  Your job gap isn't that big of a deal.  Once it gets to 90 days then underwriters usually start having questions.

Some lenders require you have a paystub from your current job showing that you've been paid for at least 30 days, some are OK if you just have 1 paystub, some are OK if you've just started the job.  Ask your loan officer to find out from the underwriter what they will require.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.