Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

September 2017 Closers

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: September 2017 Closers

Just an update on me. On Thursday the 7th, the underwriter requested confirmation that I/we will continue to receive my daughters disability after she turns 18 next year. Obviously there is no way to guarantee that, especially from the government, so we had to rework the loan. I can still qualify with just my work income, however, I needed to provide the dreaded explanations (which my processor helped me with), rent checks and corresponding statements for the last 12 months. No problem, everything was done and approved on Friday. Everything that is, except they needed information from my landlord, no biggie, other than my landlord wasn't answering or returning calls. I had to call him twice and text him once, they did finally got ahold of him and apparently they need a form filled out that he requested they MAIL to his PO BOX! They did that on Friday (which means it went out Saturday) and they even included a self addressed stamped envelope. Now here it is Wednesday and he's not getting back to them again! So frustrating. All I can say is he better not be the reason I have to close later than the 21st. I'd love to close earlier, but the 21st is right around the corner anyway, it's not a huge deal, I just hate that there is this one hold up and it's completely out of my control!

So that's where I am. Yay!

Message 21 of 31
gjlee

Purchase Price: $295,000

Signed Contract: 8/15/17
Property Type: Single-Family Home
New/Existing: Existing
Type of Loan: 30YR Fixed FHA 
Loan Rate: 4.00%
Pre-Approval: 8/1/17
Appraisal: $296,000
Clear to Close: 09/13/2017
Closing Date: 9/15/17
Closed On: TBD

This has been a 2 year journey. Thank you myFico community for all the awesome posts, stories, tips, etc!

Starting Score: 504
Current Score: 712
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 22 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just an update...we closed on Monday 9/11. Was a great, pretty painless process and we are so excited!!
Message 23 of 31
queenkay8

Closed and funded!!! The closing was at 9:30 this morning. Took maybe 30 minutes to sign the papers. The loan was funded and I had my keys by 11:30.

Message 24 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Still waiting to close. Looks like it's going to be the 27th now. This time they didn't like the charge off for my car and I had to jump through a few hoops and honestly throw a fit before they conceded and are now getting my loan funded. Lucky for me I live one of those states that has to wait the 3 days to close, but at least it's moving again.
Message 25 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

We close tomorrow at 11am. Things have been really smooth for us. It’s been about 5.5 months since we started building.
Message 26 of 31
Spider07
Regular Contributor

Update: We got the CTC last night, wooohoooo!  Closing is set for Thursday at 1 PM.   Our Year and half long journey is almost complete!! 

Message 27 of 31
securingourfuture
Established Contributor

Purchase Price: $205,000
Signed Contract: 7/30/17
Property Type: Single-Family Home
New/Existing: Existing
Type of Loan: 30YR Fixed FHA
Loan Rate: 4.375%
Pre-Approval: 7/28/17
Appraisal: $212,000
Clear to Close: 9/28/17 6:20pm 😳
Closing Date: 9/28/17 3:00pm 😳
Closed On: 9/28/17 7:15pm 😳😳

CTC was last minute, docs were late, it was my realtor's wife's birthday...but it's DONE!! Lender had 9/29 as closing date, so I expected delays. Other than that, the process was painless.

8/22/18: BK7 filed EXP 490 TU 430 EQ 429
11/28/18: BK7 discharged EXP 586 TU 578 EQ 527
06/08/21: EXP 656 TU 643 EQ 701
Message 28 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looks like I'm moving to October. I paid my part and signed all my papers on the 27th, but the listing agent and seller are both unavailable until Monday. Which means they'll sign then and the loan will be funded and recorded on Tuesday. At this point I'm just happy it's almost done. It's been an awful final two weeks.
Message 29 of 31
Spider07
Regular Contributor

Last Update:  Closed on 9/28 as planned.  Closing was smooth and we funded about 45 minutes later.  Tonight is our first night in our new house. It's a wreck, still a lot boxes to unpack and such, but it our wreck Smiley Happy   Good luck to everyone and board is a God send.. thank you all so much for your help and support.  

Message 30 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.