Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting sale price on a home

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Setting sale price on a home

Just a quick update. Our house has been on the market for just over 3 months now, with three or four showings but no offers yet. We've dropped the price to $148,000.

The happy, happy news is we recently got pre-approved by our CU and also through a broker (recommended by a family member) for a new mortgage.  Smiley Happy  Now if we could just sell our house...

Message 11 of 14
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Just a quick update. Our house has been on the market for just over 3 months now, with three or four showings but no offers yet. We've dropped the price to $148,000.

The happy, happy news is we recently got pre-approved by our CU and also through a broker (recommended by a family member) for a new mortgage.  Smiley Happy  Now if we could just sell our house...

So I guess it's mixed news for you.  I take it that you don't need sell your first house before buying a new home?

I'm sorry to hear that your home hasn't sold yet.  I was worried about that when I replied previously.  Buyers are starting to creep back into the market, so hopefully it will sell soon. 

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dont worry yet as with both the grade/high and college year ending there will be more buyers on the market soon.  People with families dont like to move during the school year especially if they have to switch schools districts or if your house is more of a downsize for people with kids starting college or graduating and moving on, then those people will soon be looking as well

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually we DO need to sell before we buy our next home. We're unfortunately (or maybe fortunately?) not one of those families that could juggle two mortgages in the checkbook.

Yeah, I figure the next couple of weeks will see a little more activity with showings. Our most recent showing (last Saturday) was for a couple from out of town, so probably a family looking to move into the area after school is out. 

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.