Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up utilities while waiting to close

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Setting up utilities while waiting to close

So if I ever get the clear to close, then I have to start accounts in the utility companies.  Because I've been living with my father while I paid off a lot of debt, I'm going to have to start utilities for the first time. 

So, will the utility companies, electric, gas, garbage, water, etc, hard pull my credit?  And if so, what happens if the mortgage company then pulls my credit again after the utility companies do?  Will the mortgage company know that I have to set utilties up, and not be concerned, or will that potentially cause a problem?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
settleordelete
Regular Contributor

Re: Setting up utilities while waiting to close

Unless you owed them in the pass for a collection or delinquent bill, they will soft pull you for utilities. My Water company did not pull credit at all since they automatically require a $125.00 deposit regardless of your credit standing. When I set up my Gas and Electric I called and they ask for my social and drivers license no. to pull my credit. These were soft pulls.

I've been where you are trying to go and I don't wanna go back.
Message 2 of 3
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

Re: Setting up utilities while waiting to close

Telephone service may be a hard pull for a landline, if you're going that route.  But I'm not certain on that, ATT did a hard on me for a SOHO line I'd added.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.