cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Settled a private student loan, will this kill our mortgage app?

tag

Settled a private student loan, will this kill our mortgage app?

Hello,

I found a house early last month and my offer was accepted.   I have been under contract since 5/19 with closing date of 7/10/2014.  The appraisal was ordered 5/27 and the appraiser went out last Tuesday to appraise the house.  We are now waiting for results.   In the meantime, we received a mortgage commitment from our lender (Veterans United) on Friday.  But today my mortgage officer called me to tell me that I might be receiving a call from Equifax on their behalf (Veterans United) to verify that I have no liablility on a private student loan that had been included in our chapter 13 bankruptcy.  Once I received a discharge on my bankruptcy, this loan went into collections.  I did make payments on it and finally settled the loan with the collections agency back in November of this past year.  He said the balance was $0 so there should be no problem.  Is this going to be a problem for my the final approval on my loan?   Thanks.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Re: Settled a private student loan, will this kill our mortgage app?Update

Hello,

I know I didn't get a response to this question, but I just wanted to say, that our LO said today that it was not an issue.    Smiley Happy  So hopefully, we will be closing on 7/10! 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.