cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shane/Lady/et al...Mortgage Interest Rates....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Shane/Lady/et al...Mortgage Interest Rates....

Now that 30-yr fixed rates are ticking back up (from ~5.125% 3 months ago to ~5.75% now), do you see these rates continuing the climb as this mortgage crisis subsides? I'm wondering b/c I'd can put my wife and myself on an accelerated schedule to buy sometime around June, but I'd personally like to wait until November-January later this year when I'll have close to 10% down & my FICO will be around 750. It seems like the rate is going up 1/8% weekly right now. Will this slow &/or turn around and go back down in the forseeable future?

Thanks...
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: Shane/Lady/et al...Mortgage Interest Rates....

I think rates are artificially high right now... and will start to come down.  We saw a small drop today, so I hope that is a sign for more good things to come.  You should buy when you are ready though, I wouldn't try to time the "bottom" if it puts you in an uncomfortable position financially.
Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.