Regular Contributor
berraco58

Re: Shane-Property Tax Question

Oh don't get me wrong demi, loft bedrooms are awesome. But when I think of a 3br with a loft br, I envision a master suite where two bedrooms are down stairs and the King and Queen (homeowners) reside over the home on the floor above looking down onto the subjects (guests or kids).

I know its a bit romantisized but I just don't buy a loft guest bedroom. I mean if there is only a little space for a daybed, then I can only imagine that the loft bedroom is not the only bedroom on the second floor.

So I just picture myself as a guest laying in this "guest bedroom"  as other people walk upstairs towards their actual rooms with me laying in bed and no walls. Kinda creepy. I know ultimately when you have kids a Loft master suite may be impractical but at least that looks functional for a while.

Some stuff to consider if you are still designing this house. I hope it works though and I as long as you like it that is all that matters. Good Luck!
Established Contributor
beach123

Re: Shane-Property Tax Question

Thanks for all the discussion:smileyhappy:  My realtor told me to offer about 7% lower depending on the area if I really want a property.  Problem is, most of them thanks to the past few years have been nicely "inflated" and aren't really worth that...and they are out of my range.

I don't want a neighborhood with the price going down either, but I'm watching for a diamond in the rough if you will.  I'm ok w/something that needs cosmetic repair because my S.O. is a carpenter by trade, I think they are there, but prices haven't started dropping in my area yet unless you get a 1 BDR...I'm hopeful per my realtor that Feb will be better:smileyhappy:

I hear it will continue for some time but I don't want to wait until the end of 2008:smileysad:

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+