Valued Member
CreditJunkie

Shane-Self-Employment question

[ Edited ]
Here is my situation. I started a small franchise April of last year. Gross Income is about $7000 a month. I have 15k saved up, and I want to look to buy a home as soon as possible. Scores are low to mid 700s. The home's I'm looking at are in the 250-300k range.

I have heard that lenders want you to be self-employed for at least 2 years. Is there any way around this Shane, and what are my options?

Message Edited by CreditJunkie on 01-08-2008 06:50 AM
Super Contributor
ShanetheMortgageMan

Re: Shane-Self-Employment question

There is a loan program through Countrywide (or through a broker who can go through Countrywide, which is what I recommend since Countrywide's retail has pretty high interest rates) that can make exceptions to less than 2 years of self-employment - called "Fast & Easy".  It requires 680+ scores and 5% down (10% down in a declining market)
Valued Member
CreditJunkie

Re: Shane-Self-Employment question

Thanks Shane, I will tell my realtor about this and we will go from there.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}