Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Short Sale Question

tag
MichiganMommy
Frequent Contributor

Short Sale Question

Shane or Dallas (where have you been Shane?),

When I home is up for short sale and must close by a date (unless it becomes Bank Owned) is there ever any flexibility with the bank on that date if they have a approved buyer, but the buyer cannot close in time?

Also, what happens to a home that is in short sale status if it does not sell before the foreclosure date? Once it is bank owned, does it just come back on the market?
Updates scores...inching along. Waiting for 7 recent medical collections to fall off!! (seriously working since END of May): EX 519 TU 576 EQ 449
8-02-08 EX 644 TU 647 EQ 575...650s here I come....700club, get ready!!!
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: Short Sale Question

MichiganMommy wrote:
Shane or Dallas (where have you been Shane?),

When I home is up for short sale and must close by a date (unless it becomes Bank Owned) is there ever any flexibility with the bank on that date if they have a approved buyer, but the buyer cannot close in time? yes

Also, what happens to a home that is in short sale status if it does not sell before the foreclosure date? foreclosure proceedings are halted if it is under contract. Once it is bank owned, does it just come back on the market? yes

Retired Lender
Message 2 of 7
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

The bank can do whatever they want, they can make you stick to that date or they can give the seller more time.  I was reading another blog and read that a bank was going to hold the foreclosure sale on 7/10 but the poster was able to buy 2 months more time by simply explaining their situation to the lender.  Communication is key when you are asking another party to be flexible on their terms... all anyone ever wants to know is what exactly is going on.
Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 3 of 7
MichiganMommy
Frequent Contributor

Shane and Dallas,

I am doing the HAPPY DANCE, doing the HAPPY DANCE!Smiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

I love you guys. I like to be armed with the information of what CAN be done, before I go to my lazy LO or lazy realtor and have them tell me NO...NO....the bank won't do that.

All I have to know is that it CAN be done.

Thanks a bunch! Let you know how it turns out.

Updates scores...inching along. Waiting for 7 recent medical collections to fall off!! (seriously working since END of May): EX 519 TU 576 EQ 449
8-02-08 EX 644 TU 647 EQ 575...650s here I come....700club, get ready!!!
Message 4 of 7
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Welcome.  Anything is possible, real estate is all a negotiation...
Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Message 5 of 7
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

MichiganMommy wrote:
 (where have you been Shane?),

jail?

j/k

Retired Lender
Message 6 of 7
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Ho Ho Ho...
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.