Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Short Sale approval

tag
ShowCredit
Frequent Contributor

Short Sale approval

My offer on the short sale was approved today.  I also gave my notice to my apartment complex to move out in December, hoping to close before then.

Wish me luck.

Starting Score: EQ-686 TU 703
Current Score: EQ-695 TU 713
Goal Score: EQ-800 TU 800

href="http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=FC&thread.id=1">Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Short Sale approval

Hopefully you have some backup plan or your landlord is flexible.  Not to say that it is impossible for you to close by then, but short sales have a habit of taking awhile to close even after the approval.  I would not have pout notice in until I had a closing date and all docs/etc were done (which would be just a couple days before closing)   

Message 2 of 5
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Approved by the short sale lender I hope, not just by the seller/owner.  Congrats, and good luck.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 3 of 5
ShowCredit
Frequent Contributor

Mickie08,

My lease is up on Dec 23, after that I can do month to month, hopefully I won't have to. I had to give 2 months notice or resign the lease, which I do not want to do.

Shane:  Yes the bank (Chase) has just approved the short sale.  The seller and I signed since September.

Hopefully things will go smoothly.  The lender's bank is closed tomorrow, so I am meeting with them on Monday.    They say they can close in 45 days .  (Keeping my fingers crossed that everything goes smoothly.

Starting Score: EQ-686 TU 703
Current Score: EQ-695 TU 713
Goal Score: EQ-800 TU 800

href="http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=FC&thread.id=1">Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long did it take for you to hear from Chase? 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.