Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Short Sale vs. Foreclosure

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Short Sale vs. Foreclosure

We currently have a $2400 mortgage payment with a conventional loan.  We are finding it harder and harder to make this payment each month.  There are rentals in our area for $1200-$1500 per month, so we are questioning whether we should walk away from our house and rent for 4-5 years and allow our house to go into foreclosure or try to negotiate a short-sell?  Im concerned that if we wait for the short-sale (if our mortgage company agrees to that) that we won't be able to rent a house.  If we allow it to go into foreclosure and have already moved, what are we responsible for paying?

I truly appreciate the help!!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: Short Sale vs. Foreclosure

Can't sell it?

Retired Lender
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

We are just starting to speak to a Realtor, but the housing rates in our area have dropped, so I'm sure we won't be getting out of it any where near what we owe.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did something change financially that you are no longer able to handle this loan?

Did the payment increase?  Did someone lose their job?

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

We relocated to Colorado because of my husband's job and it took me 3 months to find a job.  We went from a state with no state tax to a state with tax and our credit cards climbed.  We are going through Consumer Credit Counseling for those debts and have been paying those on time for a year.  My husband had a second job that brought in $500 - $700 extra a month, but that job has ended.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.