Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Short sale Question Military

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Short sale Question Military

There is a short sale we are interested in. We put in a offer and the seller accepted and now its on the banks side. I was very leary of doing short sale as we want to close before Sep 1.  Their real eastate agent told ours though that this is a unique situation. The seller is not behind on payments and he is in he military and just go orders to move to another state by Aug 1. She claims because of this it will move faster than normal. Has anyone ever heard of this or am I probably going to end up waiting months? 
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Short sale Question Military

Relocation for another job is a common reason for a short sale today, since the value of homes have dropped so much in some areas.  Like your scenario, many of these short sellers are not behind in their payments.

The general rule of thumb for all short sales, regardless of circumstances, is that they can take a very long time - measured in months, not weeks.  The banks have a backlog of offers to consider; I doubt that your offer will be treated any differently (unless there's a special provision in the SSCRA or other federal law that I'm not aware of).

Message 2 of 3
MattH
Senior Contributor

Re: Short sale Question Military

@Lel wrote:

Relocation for another job is a common reason for a short sale today, since the value of homes have dropped so much in some areas.  Like your scenario, many of these short sellers are not behind in their payments.

The general rule of thumb for all short sales, regardless of circumstances, is that they can take a very long time - measured in months, not weeks.  The banks have a backlog of offers to consider; I doubt that your offer will be treated any differently (unless there's a special provision in the SSCRA or other federal law that I'm not aware of).

I know very little about SSCRA myself, but here's a link to a site with more information:

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/sscra/l/blsscra.htm

TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.