Wow, I'm happy for you!!!
I'm waiting on a short sale decision myself...
We're expected to close on the 24th, but the seller's bank hasn't even decided yet!!
Wow I feel lucky! I got an answer back on my offer in 30 days. The sellers bank wants a closing no later than Sept 10. Today finds me filling out all 45 pages of application docs.
Unfortunately, I went under contract way before they changed the short sale approval times to 30 days. I sign my papers tomorrow!!!
Did they run a new credit report? Did you have to provide proof of employment and all that other stuff again? Or did just bank statements do?
I kept everything updated with my LO as far as bank statements and check stubs. As they came in, I faxed them over to her. She pulled my credit again back in June because of an issue I had with a re-aged collection hitting my reports, but I filed a complaint with the BBB and the CA removed it immediately and my score rebounded. The LO pulled my credit again when I told her everything was cleared up, which are the scores in my signature.
I expect them to pull my credit again before close, but I'm definitely not worried. I have had 4 paid collections and a paid IRS tax lien removed from my reports, and also had 2 open collections from a car accident that were paid and the CA never changed it on Equifax. So, if anything, my credit has become better. Even so, I'm looking at a 3.5% rate, which is great.
Good luck with your short sale! I wanted to throw in the towel soooo many times, but everyone here kept me strong. Just a few more days and I'll find out if my dream comes true!