Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I app again? Long

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I app again? Long

Long story short:  I was pre-app in march or a FHA 30 year.  Aug 27 spoke with someone re: special programs i.e. FHA usda chdap etc.  Went ahead and apped but the LO brushed me off a few days later and didn't know if they had pulled yet (credit report shows they pulled) and have not recieved a GFE- yea or nay.  Its almost 30 days now and wonder if I should go ahead and app elsewhere while in the 30 day window.  Should I ask for inq to be removed?  Let me also add that he had me app on a CALPERS loan site.  I'm not retired- maybe in 30 yrs I will, but not yet.  I didn't pay much mind because thought it was for the spec. programs.  When a U/W called she seemed irritated I wasnt retired, and have not had any more communications with them since then (no callbacks or returned calls 3 weeks now).

Obviously I am not going to go with them, but wonder if I should/could have inq removed.  I realize they had PP to pull but they have dropped the ball with trying a calpers loan and not the others. (wrong loan PP)  .  Is there a time frame that they have to say yea or nay on any loan?

Second part of the question is should I re-app with other companies or wait until  an offer is accepted?  I have bids in on a couple of short sales and want to have a stonger file than the 6 mo old pre-app.  Is that wise? My mid score have gained 60pts and hopefully I can bet a better rate and conditions than my old pre-app. 

TIA for any advice and thank you mortgage pros on this board as I have learned a lot and am becomming an informed consumer.  With this great site I have been able to raise my scores and clean up my file. Now I'm an addict and check my reports/scores every other month LOL.  

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should I app again? Long

As far as the inquiry, you gave permission, they pulled.  End of story.  There are no provisions that allow you to get the inquiry removed just because you did not get a loan and they were not helpful

Yes, you want to apply now. Most people will not even consider your application without a recent -pre-approval letter.  Also, once an offer is accepted, you don't want to have to start from the beginning.  You want to be able to move quickly.  In short words, if you are putting in offers, you should have a valid pre-approval with the bank that you are planning on using ready to go.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should I app again? Long

Thank you for the fast response Mickie.  I had a feeling about the PP. but never hurts to ask Smiley Happy  I will get some pre-apps to keep the ball rolling.  I have been waiting a long time for an acceptance of a bid and don't want to loose it because of no recent pre-app.  Thank you so much for your help.Smiley Wink
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should I app again? Long(updated)

I'm so glad I followed your advice.  My new quote is .7% lower and the pre-app amount went up 30k Smiley Happy  Waiting to see the GFE to compare apples to apples, but all in all I'm a happy girl.  Thank you tons Smiley Wink
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.