Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I apply for FHA ?

tag
UpmyscoreinFL
Frequent Contributor

Should I apply for FHA ?

Should I go ahead and apply? Pulled new scores today transunion is at 669 equifax 629 and Experian fako is at 663. DTI should be fine. My only concern is one credit card 30 day late on dec and jan. everything else I have clean payment history for atleast 12 months. Spotty payment history on credit cards a few years ago but like i said clean for twelve months except the one card. Short sale in 2009 and one paid medical bill on equifax still trying everything to get deleted. Should I pull the trigger and apply or wait until january? My lease is up end of September was going to move in with my sister but would rather not. I am going to be separated but not divorced. I will be buying on my own.
Equifax my fico 629
Transunion my fico 669
Experian fako 663
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Re: Should I apply for FHA ?

Wont hurt to try.

Message 2 of 15
m29
Regular Contributor

Not sure you should try just yet! FHA requires no late payments in the last 12 months! Any chance you can try to GW those lates? 

Starting Score: 8/30/11 EQ 520 TU98 593
Current Score: LO Pull 3/5/12 EQ 659 TU04 652 EX 649
LO Pull 5/26/12 EQ 656 TU04 668 EX 651
Goal Score: 700 by 12/30/12

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 15
UpmyscoreinFL
Frequent Contributor

I have tried over and over they are boa. Looks like I may just have to move twice and put my stuff in storage in the mean time. :-)
Equifax my fico 629
Transunion my fico 669
Experian fako 663
Message 4 of 15
JonRun
Regular Contributor

I got approved in June for the FHA maximum in my area with a late payment to CitiFinancial last October. Maybe it just varies by lender.
Message 5 of 15
UpmyscoreinFL
Frequent Contributor

Where do your scores stand?
Equifax my fico 629
Transunion my fico 669
Experian fako 663
Message 6 of 15
JonRun
Regular Contributor

When I applied, my Equifax was 627, Experian was 622 and TransUnion 661. So a middle score of 627.
Message 7 of 15
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

@m29 wrote:

Not sure you should try just yet! FHA requires no late payments in the last 12 months! Any chance you can try to GW those lates? 

wrong

Retired Lender
Message 8 of 15
JonRun
Regular Contributor

Dallas, is there a specific rule for FHA loans about lates within the last 12 months? There seems to be conflicting reports. Mine won't be a problem because we are doing new construction and I won't close until November, at which time my last late will be over a year old. Just asking for all the other people on here who have that question.
Message 9 of 15
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

@JonRun wrote:
Dallas, is there a specific rule for FHA loans about lates within the last 12 months? There seems to be conflicting reports. Mine won't be a problem because we are doing new construction and I won't close until November, at which time my last late will be over a year old. Just asking for all the other people on here who have that question.

I think the confusion stems from the fact that a lot of people on here that are going FHA have had serious past credit troubles.  For them, a single 30 day late in the past twelve months can be a deal killer.  Someone with a foreclosure or multiple accounts with 120 day lates and collections/chargeoffs who also has late payments in the last year is a lot different than a person with a fairly clean report that now has a 30 day late show up. 

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.