cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I ask my lender if I can open a new CC account before closing?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should I ask my lender if I can open a new CC account before closing?

@Anonymous wrote:

Washing clothes???  All my clothes I wore the first 30 days of owning my new home were covered in paint and spackle and grout and dirt and dust and mustard!*

*Mustard makes everything takeout taste better.

Mine was a new build so I didnt have that problem!

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should I ask my lender if I can open a new CC account before closing?

1) Human beings are so FUNNY....and predictable 😀
This question or a version of it CONSTANTLY, constantly, constantly comes up...
Ppl are told that same thing AND X % are ALWAYS gonna say BUT...what if!! 😂😂😂

2) Asking a commission based realtor/L.O. if it's "ok" to possibly jeopardize THEIR 💰 😂😂😂 I'm sorry ask it again 😂

3) Why do folks ALL of a sudden NEED a washer/dryer in a life or death manner... when searching for a home it JUST occurred that appliances might be a nice touch = What 'was' the plan because obviously this cloth washing thing didn't just appear 14 days before closing

4) As mentioned AAOA, account aging, new credit milestones can all be effective and to be clear DTI is indeed on the table, an UW will at least include a minimum payment IF said card might be used.
Lenders are cautious and many will not ignore the potential of a card being used because there is no TODAY balance.... that would be silly if one's objective was RISK abatement, a prudent UW absolutely is going to count the potential new payment into the DTI because frankly that COULD be the straw and evidence of it is right there in plain sight only a sloppy UW would IGNORE a new obligation..

SERIOUSLY??? I'm amazed but used to ppl NOT thinking this thing out

UW are guards checking for unlocked doors, the job is to avoid missing any last minute leaks before the ship sails....it's NOT as light and fluffy as a $40k car loan folks ppl are lending 100's of thousands of dollars, they ain't playing, they are on a CYA mission

5) I know, I get it's the excitement but calm down
As I mentioned earlier if you had ZERO plan on having a fridge till now...eat out for a week
Chill out with the chasing shiny objects, we all know a few days isn't gonna kill anyone....

Don't let the moment overwhelm you
You're a HOMEOWNER now👏👏👏
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.