Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I even try for a mortgage?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I even try for a mortgage?

Signed up for the myFICO service in June.  Scores at that time were EQ:673; TU:675; EX: 674; the corresponding mortgage scores were 631, 670, 633.  In September the FICO 8 scores were EQ:687; TU: 674; EX: 679, with the corresponding mortgage scores of 657, 691, 656.  My current FICO 8 scores are EQ:714, TU:709; EX:681, and I am not due to pull another free report until 12/16.  

I have a bankruptcy on my report from 2008, discharged in 2009.  I was hoping to buy a house by March 2017.  I have $80,000 to put down and am looking at a $275,000 purchase price.  My credit is not stellar but has been improving over the past months.  Most of the forums I have read here state that a mid-score for mortgage of 640 will do the trick.  If that is the case then I should be okay if my mortgage scores increase on my December report (anticipating this as my FICO 8 scores have increased, and with my second report from September the mortgage scores increased with a corresponding increase in the FICO 8 score).  My mid-score in September was 657, so even if this stays the same I should be okay?

And should I use a mortgage service, go thru the real estate dealer, or some other route?  I don't want to have any inquiries on my credit report until I absolutely have to, so don't want to do an on-line pre-approval, even though I am dying to do just that.

Thanks for any advice that may be forthcoming.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should I even try for a mortgage?

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should I even try for a mortgage?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.